<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Hot Yoga Workout – A Summertime event in Phoenix

OK, here’s the deal. For $12 a session you get to do Power Yoga for 90 minutes at 110 degrees with humidifiers throwing out moisture. No matter that this is Phoenix and it’s 110 degrees outside. Ostensibly, it’s to let you be more flexible in your various poses and stretching. Realistically, I think it’s to sell bottled water.

Most of the class participants are slim, young women who gracefully bend and stretch and perspire. Then there are a smattering of fat white guys who stumble and cheat on counts and sweat like pigs. I would be the man in the mirror.

I count two victories when they occur in this class.

The first victory is not having to regain consciousness midway through a class with a cluster of concerned women asking me if I am OK.

The second class victory, what with all the extreme power stretching and bending over, is not passing gas. (Note to self: burro day at work should not coincide with yoga day.) I’ve been told that it’s bad Yoga chi to invite unwanted visitors to our class. I just thought it smelled bad.

Well some days you get lucky and some days you get looks.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?