<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 21, 2003

Phoenix, 7/17/03: Arizona Crime Scene

I need to check with the N.B.P.S.A (National Battery Powered Saw Association) to see if they have a heavily funded Washington lobby, lest I be censured (or drawn and quartered) for bringing up this local crime event.

The Arizona Republic reported that police arrested a drunk, angry man who had cut off his friend’s thumb during an argument over a door being locked(and after several hours of drinking). The Republic wrote “The fight broke up, then Harvey grabbed a saw off the couch and followed Garski into the kitchen, Masters said.”

O.K., so maybe I’m way too liberal, but does it strike anyone else odd that the buzz saw was on the perp’s couch? On the freakin’ couch! It certainly helps paint the picture of home decorating accessories at this guy’s place. I don't know about the rest of you, but I keep my battery powered saw in one of the remote control and beer pockets of my Laz-Z-Boy recliner.

I know for a fact the Founding Fathers were not thinking about battery powered, thumb cutting saws when their 2nd Amendment provided for the right to bear arms. So clearly, there should be some control of these weapons before thumbs lead to hands, hands lead to arms, and well, what would we bear then?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?