<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Baby Shower

I went to Redlands last weekend to attend my daughter’s Baby Shower for her second child. She’s undeniably pregnant. Doctor gives her about 3 more weeks, if that. She got all dressed up for the party in pants and a top

Http://members.cox.net/lshelley/family/Lisa_092003a.JPG

and asked her husband, “Honey, does this top make me look fat?” Experienced in the subtleties of Mars and Venus communication issues, he said, “No, not at all. You look great.” He dodged another one. Good going, Jay.

Dealing with a 4 year old

Catherine was happy to see me when I pulled in the driveway in Redlands. She ran over and gave me a big hug. Then she asked “Poppa, why did you get your hair cut in the front of your head?” She must have thought it odd to see more scalp and less hair than most of the other dads and boys she hangs with. I’ll save the discussion on receding hairline, Rogaine, and how some women think bald men are sexy, until she’s five.

Homerian Influence.

Lisa told Catherine that she had done some small thing wrong, and rather than argue, she just said “Doh!” Is that in the dictionary yet?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?