<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

FOREVER YOUNG – Grandma passed away at 93.

Grandma passed away when she was only 93 years young. It would have been important to Grandma to emphasize the young aspect. I know that her young outlook enhanced her appeal to friends of various ages.

One Saturday some years ago, after Pete had died, I was in Mesa, so I thought it would be nice to visit Grandma at her house on Beverly--more so because it was about lunch time. When I got there, I found a new friend of Grandma’s had a similar idea slightly ahead of me. He was probably 10 to 15 years her junior.

Ever the gracious host, Grandma proceeded to make us both lunch, busying herself in the kitchen while I chatted with her friend. Her new friend had his back to the kitchen, but from where I sat, I could see Grandma was mixing up something in a bowl, while at the same time trying to get my attention.

I finally connected with the words that she was carefully mouthing to me behind her friend’s back: “Don’t tell him how old I am.”

Without a doubt, Grandma was the youngest 93 year old I have ever known.

GRANDMA--Lifting a Face

Some years back, Grandma decided to have a little facelift in keeping with the young theme. Shortly after the surgery Aunt Karen stopped by and she feigned surprize at the way Grandma's face looked right after surgery.
"Mom, what happend to your face. How did you get those bruises on the sides of your face?"

Grandma quickly answered, "Oh, I was just in a little car accident and my head hit the dashboard."

Aunt Karen, being the unmerciful person she is, had to pursue it. "But, Mom, you've got bruises on both side of you face."

"Well . . . I must have hit this side of my head on the dash, then the car lurched, my head turned, and I came down on the other side of the side." Everyone "bought it" and it was never mentioned again. Well, until now.

Grandma Rocks!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?